Silver Seems to be what you buy when you dont know what else to prep with your money :)
I like the Jack Spirko version of precious metals
- 10% of investments in metals
- No, This does not include ammo
Explaining the price of silver.
- Value of Silver does change slightly
- The decrease in Value of the dollar is why I am interested.
What if silver hits above $300 an ounce?
- Would I sell to pay off debts?
- Wait until the new currency takes over?
Supply and Demand of silver:
Domand is going up, China (other developing nations)
Supply is staying the same and is unsure if it can keep up.
Gold to Silver Ratio:
Explain last 2000 years, it has always revert back to its historical average of 12 to 1. Currently its roughly 67 to 1. Meaning 12 ounces of silver would by you 1 ounce of gold. right now 66.7 ounces of silver will buy you 1 ounce of gold.
Current Gold and Silver Prices:
Current Ratio: (kinda)
- 66.7 : 1 – 1307.60/19.61 = 66.7 Meaning 66.7 ounces of silver to buy one ounce of gold
Historical Average Options:
- 12 : 1 Silver staying at $19.61 an ounce would bring gold down to $235.32 an ounce.
- 1 : 12 Gold staying at $1307.60 an ounce would bring silver up to $108.91 an ounce.
Either way silver is still a sound investment.
Other Facts and QuotesThe US Dollar has lost 31% of its purchasing power just since 2000. The dollar has lost a staggering 82% of its value since the US was taken off the gold standard in 1971. Since the Federal Reserve was created in 1913, the US dollar has lost 95.6% of its purchasing power.
- All Worlds Currencies are Fiat Currencies and all Fiat Currencies Fail.
- All these issues are adding up together and its at a global level.
Not to mention why staying in Dollars and banks are bad. (there are other options than silver tpo go against these things but these are still reason to get silver.)
- Like Bank Runs
- Locking up funds
- Removing money from savings